CREATE A TOOL TO HELP PATIENTS IDENTIFY & LOCATE
Help patients compare cost and local availability of prescriptions based on insurance coverage
Help patients find labs and imaging centers based on location and insurance coverage
Help patients obtain referrals to specialists based on location and insurance coverage
*Submission may address any or all of the above categories.
The Challenge Breakdown
The challenge is organized into two phases with the goal of producing a mobile or web application for average consumers.
THE CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT STAGE:
The goal of Phase 1 is to develop a novel approach to the issue. Phase I submissions should display a strong concept and innovative design.
- A 500 word description of the solution describing what makes it unique, and how it will help patients make better decisions
- A mockup of the solution’s design
- Potential Impact
- UI/UX Design
Each of the five finalists has received $5,000.
THE BREAKTHROUGH STAGE:
The goal of Phase 2 is to create a fully functional application or tool with the ability to demonstrate effectiveness and support its users in identifying health care services.
Submission Deadline: Monday June 19th, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST
Phase II is now closed.
- A 500 word description of the app or tool describing its utility and what makes it more effective than other resources
- A 5 minute video displaying how the app or tool works and how it would be used by the public to inform decisions following doctors’ appointments
- A link to a working application or tool
- Effectiveness in helping patients make decisions
- Patient Centered for patient specific needs
- Scalability for growth to support patients
- UI/UX Design for user friendliness
The three top teams will receive the following prizes.
Check out the challenge winners and their winning solutions HERE.
Learn about Phase I Finalists HERE!
Honorable Mentions include: